There may be many reasons why a guest blog is declined for Pledging for Change so we’ve made a short list of them.
There may be only one of these reasons that apply to your guest blog post or in many cases your guest post may be declined for several of the reasons.
Either way, in our endeavour to provide high quality information for our readers the following reasons are enough to have your guest blog post declined.
- Greenwash. Green blog post linking out to a site that is no more green than an Oil Slick is
- topic or subject matter is already well covered
- topic is covered and your post adds nothing more of value or adds an interesting slant or different angle
- post is highly self promotional ( these posts are reserved for our ethical business advertisers)
- guest post is duplicate content or far too similar to other posts on the web
- guest post does not contain any research to back up your statements within the post
- guest post requires too much editing containing spelling mistakes or poor syntax (doesn’t always make sense)
- guest post contains links that are not to ethical businesses relevant to our readers and values
- guest post contains links that could be considered unnatural, or are totally irrelevant to the subject matter
- guest post is too short and is uninteresting (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
- niche topic is now closed to guest blogging and reserved for our ethical advertisers to write about
We wish you good luck finding a home for your post and please consider our quality guidelines next time you offer us a guest blog post for review.