This fantastic organic farm, shop and cafe based in Whatcroft just outside Davenham in the heart of Cheshire sells a wide variety of organic produce which includes organic beef, organic lamb, organic chicken, organic eggs, herbs, organic veg and organic fruit.
Everything that Riverside Organics sell in their organic farm shop and in their organic food deliveries is local and totally traceable.
They also pride themselves in producing as much food as possible on their own organic farm, which is a great boost for the local economy and employment as well as ensuring that natural and organic fresh food is always available for local people to eat healthily without it costing the earth.
Visiting Riverside Organic Farm and Shop
Riverside organic farm are passionate about sharing their values and the way they work and have been hosting visits from the public, and educational parties aiming to reconnect people with where their food comes from and how it is produced, and from then on encouraging and supporting the building of a sustainable future for ethical food production.
You can be sure of a great day out at Riverside Organic farm and shop as well as enjoy a great insight into the production of healthy food. And you will almost certainly be wanting to take home some of their freshly grown organic produce and maybe even become one of their regular customers too. We hope so!
Riverside Organic Growing Futures
STUDENT ENGAGEMENT THROUGH A CREATIVE AND PRACTICAL PROGRAMME
This programme has been specifically designed help young people who:
- would enjoy learning in an alternative and practical environment
- may find it difficult to fully engage with mainstream learning
- would benefit from developing their teamwork skills and learning to build sustainable relationships with others
Riverside Growing Futures offer an alternative opportunity for young people to:
- experience success in a range of practical activities
- benefit from support targeted to individual needs
- discover new talents, skills and interests
- engage with their peers and teaching staff
- explore new and practical ways to learn
- develop their inter-personal, teamwork and social skills
- raise their self-esteem and confidence