I was invited to a pool party and light summer dinner at a friend’s home. Each of the 5 of us she invited offered to bring a dish or two, and my friend requested I make a white bean dip I’d made before.
[wpdealpon unixtime=”1358341334″ price=”ONLY £5pm” style=”red” buy_url=” http://www.pledgingforchange.org?a_aid=sadiessanctuary” timer_finish=”2311-08-21 12:30:30″]Join our community of ethical businesses on Pledging for Change via the buy now link below and Sadies Horse Rescue Sanctuary will benefit too[/wpdealpon]
White bean dip is nice and light, and the lemon and parsley are a nice counter balance to the simplicity of the flavor from the beans.
I hope you enjoy!
Ingredients for White Bean Dip:
- 1 can, cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large lemon, just the juice
- 1-2 tsp salt, to taste
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 3 TBSP fresh parsley, coarsley chopped (plus a whole leaf or two for garnish)
- Put the beans, oil and parsley into a blender to puree. Try not to over mix to avoid it becoming gluey ~ I like to still see pieces of bean in the dip.
- Add the lemon juice and salt, and blend in gently with a spatula, again to avoid over mixing. Taste and add more lemon or salt if you desire.
- Garnish with the whole parsley leaf and serve with warm pita triangles or thin slices of toasted baguette, or just sliced carrots, cucumber and radish.