Glass greenhouses are considered to be one of the oldest types of greenhouses.
This is because today, there are actually different kinds of materials that you can use in greenhouse construction. Still, a number of gardeners still prefer to use this type of material than any other material available in the market.
So if you are planning to put up your very own greenhouse soon, here are several of
the benefits that you can get out of a glass greenhouse.
Glass greenhouses are never meant as temporary structures.
- These materials are made to last. Glass is very durable and is strong enough to hold heavy snow and rains (of course, with the right roof slopes).
- Other glass-like material can lose its strength and stability when a single panel is removed.
- A glass greenhouse kit however, can hold well on its own even with a broken panel.
- Glass is also very strong and resistant to air pollutant degradation. This kind of durable material will make one good choice for your money.
Glass is naturally charming and will not make your greenhouse look like an eyesore.
- In fact, many glass greenhouse owners even considered these structures as the focal point in their yards.
- No need to worry about your neighbors complaining about it being put up in the neighborhood.
Sunlight is life to plants.
- This is needed especially when your plants are placed indoors.
- For greenhouses, glass is the perfect material that can allow the most amount of light to penetrate inside.
- Glass is highly transparent so you’ll never have to worry about your plants not getting enough sun.
Easy to clean
Glass is very easy to clean, compared to all the other materials used in greenhouse construction.
- If you do need to disinfect your entire area, then the material is very easy to sanitize as well.
- All you need to do is wash the glass in white vinegar solution or any other sanitizing liquid used for luxury glass greenhouses.
Better temperature control
Glass is also very effective in maintaining stable temperatures inside the greenhouse and keeping fluctuations to a minimum.
- Of course, you will also need the proper ventilation and heating systems but with glass material covering your greenhouse, especially if you have a double glass greenhouse.
- You are assured that there won’t be too much problem with temperature fluctuations – which can be very damaging to your plants.
- Because of the transparency of glass, being inside your glass greenhouse will make you feel like you are outdoors as well.
Glass used in greenhouses are said to last for as long as 40 to 50 years.
However, hailstorms can break and shatter the glass. But aside from this, you really do not have anything to worry about.
- Just remember to construct your roofs at the right slope to keep snow and rain from accumulating on top of your structure and exerting too much force on the glass.
- With the right angle, snow and water can simply slide off the roof.
So invest in glass greenhouses today and see those beautiful structures last for as long as a lifetime!
Whitney is one of the largest distributors of greenhouse supplies and glass greenhouses for sale in the United States, including a full line of Victorian glass greenhouse kits and luxury glass greenhouses.