Ask any quality ethical SEO company and they will still say that forum marketing still has an important role to play on your overall SEO and marketing strategy.
This is particularly relevant if you area member of a quality forum that is in your niche and that is going to be around for a long time growing and supporting you as a business owner.
Some of the key questions you might want to consider are:
- Is the forum well moderated to prevent spam and to promote quality discussion?
- Can my business have a quality forum signature? And will my signature drive traffic and potential customers?
- Is there growing forum discussions with good views that I can participate in to show my expertise or can I begin discussions to generate good response?
- Is the membership of the kind of people who show respect and contribute effectively to discussion?
- Is there enough traffic to the site to make my input/time worthwhile?
- Is the membership high or has it got potential to grow and consist of quality members?
- Is there a way to make sure that my posts don’t disappear and that my time on the forum has been spent productively?
- is there scope to be creative with my marketing and a way to directly promote or advertise my business on the forums in a marketplace or classifieds for example??
Well just to add a few more ideas from other sites on the web that might help you to make some decisions about whether or not forum marketing can work for your business I’ve included some quotes and links that you might want to check out.
Does forum marketing offer a good ROI?
Lets face it. Time is money and you want to know if your time on any forum is well spent and can earn you a very good return on your investment don’t you? It’s interesting to know that the art of conversation is still a much favored way of attracting loyal customers to your business.
Building and earning visibility through conversations has proven itself to be a very result-oriented approach in online marketing. Sharing your knowledge and expertise on online communities doesn’t just help you build links (that get clicked more often than not), but it also allows you to build a strong brand presence that will let people in your industry know that you really know your stuff.
And best of all, it can also help you generate leads/sales directly.
So how can my business benefit from forum marketing?
It’s all about quality strategy on forums and how to build your brand and site authority by connecting with the people/members who may be your future customers.
Build your authority, reputation and reap the rewards!
Many Internet savvy business owners and SEOs reading this will quite rightly ask the question and that’s fair enough, we’ve all seen first-hand dodgy forum comments with links to multiple websites in the actual forum message window or signature, however the aim of this piece is to explain the real advantages of developing a forum marketing strategy with the primary focus being on helping potential customers solve their problems in a non-promotional way thereby building up your online authority.
So should you still use forum marketing to promote your website?
I love the idea that a quality forum can be your main source of traffic and potential customers because you made the effort of connecting with them as a real person and showing your expertise. Being similar to social networking websites, Forum Marketing can be used as one of the basic source of traffic for your website. In fact, if your website is new and you are struggling for getting 1,000 visits per day; this can be proved as one of the life saving marketing techniques for your website (not to mention, if done correctly).